Assistant Service Advisor
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Assistant Service Advisor supports a team of Service Advisors to enhance communications with customers. They will provide continuity of service through accurate preparation and follow up of work orders and timely updating of customers on the status of repairs.
Successful candidates will:
- Ascertain need for repairs and services by actively listening to customer's description of symptoms, and clarifying description of problems
- Check customers in upon drop off; prepare work orders for Service Advisors and accurately collect all pertinent information
- Suggest supplemental services and accessories as appropriate
- Maintain customer rapport by explaining the service process and reviewing expectations for repair and return of unit
- Return phones calls and update customers on the status of repairs
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, such as reading manufacturers' publications
- Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Assist the Service Advisors in miscellaneous tasks as directed and requested
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma
- 1 year experience in a customer service role
- General knowledge of motor vehicles and RVs helpful, but not required
- Outstanding interpersonal and verbal communication skills for friendly and effective customer and employee interactions
- Ability to listen insightfully and to convey information verbally and in writing
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities through efficient and productive planning and organizing
- Excellent computer and data entry skills
- Works effectively both alone and in a team environment, and establishes collaborative working relationships with peers and staff
Physical and Environmental Conditions
- Talking and hearing, repetitive hand motion, using hands to grasp, pushing, pulling, climbing, crouching, and reaching with arms/hands, are required. May occasionally use ladders to access hard to reach areas.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 20 pounds frequently, to move objects.
- Some exposure to adverse environmental conditions, but not to the extent of being undesirable.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to/revise an employee's job duties at any time at its discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Loading some great jobs for you...