Employment Type: Full-Time
Material Handler in Rensselaer, NY
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Material Handler will be responsible for all material movement, forklift operation, organization and inventory control to support chemical manufacturing site wide. The Material Handler will be responsible for safe operation of equipment and all activities, inventory accuracy, cycle counts, oracle transactions for inventory, receiving, shipping and verification for sampling. The material handler will be able to prioritize their daily work, communicate effectively and be committed to results and service.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will\:
Work a 12 hour day shift from 7AM - 7PM
Responsible for safe operation of narrow aisle, electric and propane industrial fork trucks and pass
PIT (power industrial truck) certification. Ability to operate manual pallet jacks to move materials.
Responsible for loading and unloading flatbed and box trucks from loading docks or on the ground.
Responsible for the movement of materials from the warehouse, Pole barn, bally box, refer units, trailers, production buildings and the drum shed.
Responsible for managing the waste berm and overflow area, removing empty waste drums spraying out the labels and loading them into the recyclable drum trailer. Removing the empty waste totes and staging them in the proper re-use location. Ability to identify properly labeled waste containers.
Responsible for palletizing pallets that do not meet our racking specifications.
Responsible for maintaining the reject area and disposal of all material in destroy status.
Responsible for the organization and delivery of non-consumables such as mail, office supplies, lab chemicals, maintenance stores, process equipment and material samples.
Utilize various computer systems to respond to and make requests in supporting business operations (i.e, e-mail, Oracle, etc.).
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must possess technical aptitude and a willingness to work with chemicals
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills and be able to coordinate a number of diverse responsibilities.
- Certified in power industrial fork truck operation according to 29 CFR 1910.178
- Chemical Hygiene training
Physical activities include:
- Continual walking, standing, reaching, and upper extremity use, frequent bending, twisting, climbing (stairs and ladders), squatting and kneeling.
- Frequent pushing, pulling, carrying, and lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds and over 50 pounds with assistance
- Must be able to work overtime as require
- Ability to work outside in inclement weather and inside in extreme temperature variations
Associated topics: forklift, fulfillment, logistics support, operate, operator night, pallet, unloading, warehouse intern, warehouse operation, warehouse support
Loading some great jobs for you...