MISSION OFTHE BERKSHIRE DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE
The BerkshireDistrict Attorney's Office is charged with the mission of prosecuting criminaloffenses in Berkshire County in a fair and efficient manner. TheOffice is required to provide staffing, equipment, and services to the citizensof Berkshire County and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts to meet thatobjective.
The Office is aCommonwealth agency, established in accordance with Massachusetts General LawsChapter 12, Sections 12 and 13. The Office is responsible for allcriminal prosecutions in Berkshire County, covering everything frommisdemeanors to major felonies. The Office handles cases in the County’sDistrict Courts (including Jury sessions), Juvenile Courts, and Superior Court,and is responsible for all appeals to the State Appeals Court and MassachusettsSupreme Judicial Court. In addition, the Office provides criticalservices and programs to victims and their families and to the community atlarge.Appellate Attorney
The BerkshireCounty District Attorney’s office is seeking a full-time, criminal appellateattorney. Candidates should have prior appellate experience, strong researchand writing skills, and preferably experience as an Assistant DistrictAttorney. This position reports to the Chief of Appeals.Responsibilities:
A successful candidate willhave demonstrated the ability to articulate sound legal arguments both orallyand in writing. The position requires attention to detail, careful legalresearch, efficient and timely completion of briefs and memoranda of law, andexperience arguing before both the MA Appeals Court and the SJC.
• Be able to handlepost-conviction motions and appeals with a minimum amount of supervision;
• Assist trial attorneys withsuppression and other evidentiary issues, motions to dismiss, motions inlimine, and jury instructions;
• Analyze and develop policyinitiatives and proposed legislation.
Qualifications Required Qualifications :
• JD from accredited lawschool;
• Member in good standingof the Massachusetts Bar;
• Strong communication,research, and writing skills;
• Significant anddemonstrated understanding of criminal law, with an emphasis on appellate andcase law;
• Capacity for fairness,strong work ethic, and ability to manage demanding work load;
• Excellent organizationalskills with strong attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently and be part of a team;
• Strong computer skills, must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
Berkshire District Attorney’sOffice is an EEO Employer with a firm commitment to diversity, equity, andinclusion in hiring practices.IMPORTANT
Applicationssent through this site are not received by our office.
Please sendcover letter, resume and references to Dina G. Lampiasiat Dina.GuielLampiasi@state.ma.usOfficial Title:Assistant District Attorney
Primary Location:United States-Massachusetts-Pittsfield-7 North Street
Agency:Berkshire DA Office
Job Posting:Jan 29, 2020, 4:45:52 PM
Number of Openings:1
Salary:60,000.00-80,000.00BiweeklyIf you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator:Dina G. Lampiasi-413-443-5951 * The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...