A hospital we have worked with for many years in New York is in search of a Cardiac Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join their team in an outpatient procedural area within their facility right away. You will be working with a rather large Structural Heart Program. This position will come in contact with these patients. The position writes all the Pre/Post orders for patient's undergoing Cath/EP Lab. The Advanced Practitioner will be part of team that is staffed with RNs, patient care associates, other mid-levels, Cardiology Fellows and other Anesthesia and Cardiology attending present in unit. You will be part of the primary focuses within the Cath and EP Lab which perform between 24-26 procedures/day during the week. As a provider, you will manage any complications the patients may experience. You will write admit orders, perform medication reconciliation, read EKGs, interpret lab data and read x-rays. This department does routine caths, PCI, and we are a STEMI receiving hospital. They have a moderate size EP program and do all ranges of procedures. As one of the largest and only teaching hospitals, they transfer a significant number of patients in (15K/year-not all cardiology). Easy train ride from NYC or Boston. Local ski areas and and hour from Vermont if skiing is your passion! The area gets less snow each year (the rest of NY averages 110' per year). They maybe saw about 20' last year. Getting around is easy. The hospital is newer. Safe community. Some of our feedback from our other providers who have also helped with the facility is that the hospital has great equipment and a nice staff! Please contact a CompHealth Representative about the potential short term opportunity today.
- This is an outpatient procedural area within the hospital.
- The position writes all the Pre/Post orders for patient's undergoing Cath/EP Lab.
- The Cath and EP Lab perform between 24-26 procedures/day M-F
- Patients include: Diagnositic cath, PCI, Structural Heart, EP ablations, Pacers, Loop Monitors.
- Write admit orders, perform medication reconciliation, read EKGs, interpret lab data & read x-rays.
- NP/PA will need to have NY license, BLS, ACLS and PALS.
- Coverage needed for mid-January for 3 months with the possibility of extension.
- 4-ten hour days, 7:00 am - 5:30 pm, M-F (Day off usually Tuesday)
- We provide complimentary housing and travel
- We arrange and cover costs for licensing and malpractice
- We simplify the credentialing and privileging process
- We provide first day medical insurance and 401(K) match
- Your personal recruiter handles every detail, 24/7
Associated topics: arnp c, assistant cna, certified nursing, cnm, cns, community, english, prac, prn, splst