Graybar Electric Company, Inc., is a fortune 500 company with $7 billion in annual revenues and a leader in the distribution of high quality electrical, communications, data networking and security products and solutions. With 150 years of experience, 8300 employees strong and 290+ locations across North America, Canada and Puerto Rico , we believe that no other company in our industry can match our experience, stability or reputation .
Our goal for success is simple. We listen to what our customers need, connect them to the right solution and then deliver on our word.
We help our customers' power, network and secure their facilities with speed, intelligence and efficiency.
Would you like to be part of the next generation of Graybar and carry on our tradition?
As the Warehouse Operations/Counter Rep, you will be a key face-to-face contact and liaison for customers at our Albany, NY location. What are your responsibilities?
What skills do I need?
- Provide a positive customer experience in line with quality standards by handling customer visits and calls in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Sell merchandise to customers utilizing product and applications knowledge to select material that best meets customer needs.
- Service orders that have been called in for customer pickup.
- Place, arrange, and maintain merchandise display. Recommend new stock items and support efforts to reduce or eliminate overstock and/or obsolete material.
- Perform any and all physical requirements necessary to lift and move inventory around the warehouse.
- Operate and maneuver warehouse equipment and any material(s) contained thereon in the manner consistent with the intended purpose of the equipment and the manufacturers' instructions; follow all Company safety procedures.
- Update knowledge of products through self-study and attending product training classes.
- Abide by safety instruction and use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) or its equivalent is required.
- Fill in for material handlers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Why Join Graybar?
- Minimum of 2+ years of customer service, operations or retail experience in a warehouse, supply distribution or home improvement chain store environment required.
- High school diploma required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of a POS or WMS a plus.
- Knowledge of product line and suppliers as well as the National Electrical Codes and Local Codes a plus.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements necessary to receive, pick, pack, ship, and move materials throughout the warehouse, including, but not limited to, standing, walking, bending, twisting, stooping, reaching, climbing ladders, cutting wire, and lifting materials weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Experience operating and maneuvering warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and push carts, in the manner necessary to move materials and consistent with manufacturers' instructions and safety instructions.
- Willingness to perform some or all of the physical requirements of the material handler position.
- Team player who thrives in a retail operations/warehouse environment while performing physical requirements and can adapt to seasonal changes and weather conditions.
Comprehensive benefit plans.
Time off policy.
Training & Development.
Opportunity to work for an employee owned company that is admired for its financial stability, innovation and management quality.
Fortune Magazine - 2018 World's Most Admired Companies - #2 Wholesale
Selling Power magazine - #20 Out of the 50 Best Companies to Sell for in 2017
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Click the link to view your equal employment rights (EEO Is the Law) -
Associated topics: associate, dock c, forklift, loader, logistics, logistics engineer, material handler, pallet, palletizer, warehouse intern