The Property Accountant will provide full scale accounting support for the property management team, and will function as a key member of the management team.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports prepare monthly journal entries, financial statement preparation and bank reconciliations.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable process monitor cash receipts, review and bill tenant recurring charges and billing adjustments and perform tenant ledger reconciliations.
- Coordinate Accounts Payable process review invoice coding and approvals, and ensure proper audit trail is in place.
- Maintain sales information monitor collection of sales and review reports
- Review leases and leasing activity to ensure accurate billing.
- Supervise cash management procedures audit petty cash, oversee service center cash procedures and gift certificate procedures.
- Assist with annual budget preparation compile key assumptions and capital budget information, maintain lease level budgeting for all tenants, review and enter budget information into the accounting system, process estimates for miscellaneous income and specialty leasing.
- Prepare quarterly reports - quarterly forecast preparation, and provide support to the corporate office in gathering information for the quarterly financial reports.
- Annual year-end reconciliation process CAM, percentage rent, insurance utilities, sewer/trash, real estate taxes.
- Coordinate payroll reporting process.
- Assist in all audits at the property.
- Adaptability maintains effectiveness in varying environments, tasks and responsibilities, or with various types of people v Planning and Organizing establish course of action to accomplish goals and evaluates results, develops schedules and task/people assignments, can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish goals, uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Customer Focus dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of the external and internal customer, acts with customer in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, and gains their trust and respect
- Dealing with Ambiguity can effectively cope with change, can shift gears comfortably, can decide and act without having the total picture, can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Learning on the Fly - learns quickly when facing new problems, open to change, quickly grasps the essence and underlying structure of anything, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Drive for Results can be counted on to exceed goals successfully, bottom line oriented, pushes self and other for results
- B.S./B.A. Accounting
- 3-5 years real estate accounting experience preferred.
JLL Privacy Statement
When you visit JLL websites, JLL may collect information related to those visits, without you actively sending that information. This information may include, for example, the internet browser you are using, your access device s operating system, the language in which that system presents information to you, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, the web search that took you to the JLL website, the web pages and advertisements displayed to you, and the links you click on.
For additional details please see JLL's Global Privacy Statement or our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please view our Equal Opportunity and Information Security disclaimers here.