Minimum Qualifications MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Transfer: Currently a permanent Nurse 1
Candidates must be licensed and currently registered to practice nursing in New York State, possess a limited permit to practice nursing in New York State, or be eligible to enter the examination for such license. You must obtain your NYS license within one year of the date of appointment or action will be taken to remove you from the position.
Duties Description PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Direct nursing activities, including the preparation, evaluation and implementation of nursing care plans to insure quality patient care and the development of staff. Provide direct nursing care in the areas of health maintenance, nutrition, actives of daily living, and the treatment and prevention of illness.
• Perform Nursing assessments.
• Develop detailed nursing care plans.
• Participate in the ITT process.
• In-service training of staff.
• Administer and supervise effective infection control procedures.
• Direct provision of a wide range of nursing interventions.
• Accurately administer medications and strong health assessment skills.
• Respond effectively to medical emergencies.
• Formulate and implement plans for health teaching/counseling of consumers and training of staff.
Additional Comments Please note:
$52,455 - $65,028 - Posted Hiring Salary includes the sum of the statutory hiring rate for PS&T Grade 14 ($45,455), Geographic Differential ($7,000). Geographic Differential added to the job rate ($58,028) for the PS&T Grade 14.
•Preference will be given to OPWDD employees impacted by closures. If you are being impacted by closure, please indicate this on your resume/cover letter.
•All OPWDD employees must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicare and Medicaid programs. Continued employment will depend on maintaining eligibility.
•OPWDD IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
•Position may be eligible for Loan Forgiveness via the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program:
•For more information on PSLF, please visit www.studentAid.gov/publicservice
Some positions may require additional credentials or a background check to verify your identity.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...