Lean Mechanical Field Construction Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Wood, a global EPC company with over 60,000 employees world-wide, seeks a Lean Six Sigma Certified Mechanical Field Construction Manager to oversee the daily management of all assigned capital construction field execution. This individual will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective management of the contractor project execution, to deliver best value to our customer.
This is a great long term opportunity to oversee and develop lean construction techniques and abilities for for a large manufacturing facility with a history of over 40 years of production. The role will support a major client and include upgrades, new additions, and changing out equipment, etc. This is a great opportunity to have challenging projects and implement lean construction in the SW Georgia area.
Skills / Qualifications
- Provide and develop Lean Six Sigma certification and construction capability within other construction managers, client project managers and subcontractors
- Manage, monitor and control assigned capital projects as outlined in the agreements of the project execution plan to meet client requirements; follow current procurement, cost control Flow Charts.
- Manage and execute capital projects
- Provide input to RFQ packages including risk management, cost, constructability, schedule, logistics and qualified bidders.
- Be an active part of the sourcing team to evaluate best value contracting methods.
- Participate in Pre-Bids, Bid Clarifications and project meetings to provide consistent field execution among all contractors.
- Provide daily audits of site capital work; document variances and follow-up until acceptable.
- Provide input to project estimates and assist with the leg work on larger estimates.
- Verify change orders to acceptable cost, proper scope, schedule impacts, and per contractual documents.
- Verify daily reports, time sheets and materials on all T&M projects per P&G auditing requirements. Approved materials to leave site via Material Pass Out form.
- Manage the subcontractor field supervisors and coordinate the work between all Construction Managers.
- Coordinate with teams to ensure the electrical installation quality controls reference (current NEC, NEIS, and P&G Albany, GA Plant Standards, CBAs, & Specifications).
- Work with designated teams and systems to enter change orders and cost events.
- Must have Lean Six Sigma Construction project experience; Lean Six Sigma certification is an asset
- Journeymens construction experience in one of the following disciplines (Mechanical/Piping, Electrical), along with a high school diploma or equivalent:
- 8 - 12 years of relevant industry experience; Pulp and Paper mill experience is highly desired
- PMP certification and the knowledge/experience of construction quality management tools and guidelines, is preferred (i.e. ASME / AWS / ACI / API / ICC)
- Must be detail oriented, with demonstrated time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well with a team, coordinate multiple activities and provide QA oversight for multiple contractors and craft
- Must be experienced in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Knowledgeable regarding measurement and test equipment (MT&E) is preferred
- Must be authorized to work lawfully in the United States, without sponsorship from Wood
- Must have the physical ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, and traverse the site on uneven ground
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. web address removed>Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...